Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fireplace Mantle

Things have been moving along pretty slowly here since we moved.  I don't think I mentioned, but this house that we are in now is one that I'm staging.  An acquaintance is losing it and wants to try to short sale beginning this month so I need to get it ready stat!  The problem is that when they moved out, they didn't clean so I have had to clean everything and unpack and decorate and it seems like I just keep going in a circle.  Finally I started tackling the living room.  It's not ready for the full reveal yet, but I am done with the mantle above the fireplace.  

First, I found this amazing candelabra at the thrift store.  I liked it bronze, but I decided to paint it white to match the rest of the mantle decor.   

Tom took the picture of Morgan and I had it printed on a canvas last Christmas.  I got a deal from Groupon and I think it cost around $40 (it's a 16x20).  I got the frame at the thrift store for $2 and painted it.  The flowers next to the picture are my wedding bouquet and Tom's boutonniere (of course I knew how to spell that).  I found the clock at our local grocery store for $13!  Sometimes gems show up in random places.  I got the square mirrors on clearance at The Home Depot as a 4 pack in black for $5.  I painted them white and put two candles in front.  The great thing is that when I get sick of red (and I know I will), it's easy to change things.  

 So there you go.  I hope to have the rest of the living room ready soon.  I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are a good friend to move into a house that has to be shown/staged for a short sale (God Willing, for the homeowner). Wow!

    Your Follower, visiting from my Dashboard,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...