Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Versatile Blogger

Hello!  I hope everyone is having a great day!  I am.  Today I'm a guest blogger over at Designer Garden so head on over and check it out!

Also, I am super flattered!  Deborah from Confessions of a Craigslist Junkie awarded me The Versatile Blogger award.  This award is meant to highlight blogs to increase awareness and readership.  I really appreciate Deborah for thinking of me for this award and I appreciate everyone who reads my blog.  LOVE YOU!

The rules of this award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award to you.  Check.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.  If you read Friday's post, you know some things, but I'll give you 7 more. :)
3. Award it to 15 other bloggers (I've also seen 10, so I think I'll do 10).

7 things about me:

1. When I was little I wanted to be an actress.  Remember the show Full House?  Yeah, I wanted to be Candace Cameron.  Now I think being an actress would be fun but it's not really what I dream about (except for Sunday night -- I dreamed that I got offered a job on Days of Our Lives - ha!  That Deidre Hall sure is nice).

2. In college I was the teacher's assistant for a human dissection lab.  It was really neat.

3. I have been running in the same type of shoes since 1998.  They were the Asics 1990 series but now I think they are up to 2060 or higher.  I buy them on sale online at Kelly's Running Warehouse and I have gone through probably 15 pairs.  LOVE them and won't change!

4. After I got married I got a job as an exercise and nutrition consultant helping people lean up (gain muscle and lose fat).  I worked there for 4 months before we moved to Idaho.

5. Another job I had (seems to be a theme) was at a program for troubled teenagers in South Carolina.  A friend of mine worked there and hooked me up after I broke off a marriage engagement and needed to get away.

6. I wrote a 250+ page novel and am almost finished with my second.  Just trying to get it published now.

7. I love love love going on cruises.  We are going on one next month!

10 blogs that get the award from me:
Livin Pretty Simple - Michelle is one of my very good and talented friends who makes amazing crafts.
Raising Lemons - Tiffany's blog has so much information for women trying to be good moms.  Love it!
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy - Jamie has probably received this award but she is so talented.  I see her stuff all over blogland and she is super nice to me. 
Living Savvy - Tiffany has some amazing stuff and she has a knack for design.  
The Bold Abode - Gwen painted her piano.  Need I say more?

Designing by Numbers - Christina just started her blog this month and has already caught my attention with her inspiring posts.

The ShabbyTulip - Rachelle has been blogging for about as long as I have and I really love her projects.

Spruce Your Nest - Brooke is a total "get out of debt" girl like me.  Instant connection!

WhyCuzICan - Suzanne has tons of great ideas and she always leaves nice comments for me.
Between Naps on the Porch - Susan has a ton of followers and hosts the first Linky party I ever joined and I get the most traffic from it (and I do a lot of them).  This is a huge blog but one that I really appreciate.




I hope you all have a chance to visit the blogs I awarded and Confessions of a Craigslist Junkie.  If you can, leave some comments and follow them.  They are all so great!

10 comments:

  1. Great Blog--very inspirational. You are amazing--all of that running, swimming and biking--wow. Come by and visit my site would love to have ya.I am new to this--so keep your expectation low :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelli :) Awwww...shucks, thanks for the award :) Now I have to think of 10 things about me to share, and think of a nice list of 10 other bloggers who inspire me.. that's great.

    Oh you are sooooo easy to leave nice comments for!! I love your stuff. True story, I shared your Turquoise Piano pix with hubby the other day, and he said, *I* should find one and paint it green! (The color of his cancer ribbon) as I've been asked to craft and donate this march for his cancer awareness (Kidney Cancer)

    I can't believe HE actually said I should paint a piano... that's one thing he said I should never do (paint something like a piano, grandfather clock, or other big pieces--then I show him YOUR blog and he thinks it was so fun to look at that, "hey, Suzanne....maybe you should try to....."

    Smiles,
    Suzanne
    Whycuzican

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award Kelli! I feel honored to be recognized! I can't wait to hop over to the other sites and check them out! I love being involved in a community with such creative people!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word...human dissection!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelli,

    First, congratulations on your award! You truly are deserving of it ~ you're just awesome!

    And second, THANK YOU so much for also awarding it to me!!!! I am really honoured beyond words! I’m so flattered that you like my blog enough to pass this award on to me, even though I'm still so new.

    Ack! Now I better get to work thinking of some interesting things to share about me and compiling my own list of awardees!

    Take care,
    Christina
    designingbynumbers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow!! I just read your post from Friday, you are just a little bundle of inspiration! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Kelli! You are so sweet to think of me! I am really enjoying getting to know you through blogland ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats and thank you for recognizing my blog. I appreciate it. I still have so much to learn and I hate to admit it but I am not sure I even read 10 other blogs. But I do read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Kelli! You are so sweet to send the VBA my way!

    I just saw you over at Designer Garden. Your settee is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelli- coming back to let you know I did a post and passed the award onto 10 neat bloggers I follow! Thanks again for this lovely award.

    ::blush::

    Suzanne at Whycuzican

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...