Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Guest Post: Janny @ Que Linda

Hello!  I hope you all had a great weekend and that everyone got to do something special for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate).  I'm excited to introduce you to my bloggy friend who has an awesome tutorial for you today.  Meet Janny from Que Linda.

Hi everyone!  I'm absolutely thrilled to be a guest today at The Turquoise Piano.  (Isn't that an awesome blog name, I love it!)  Thanks Kelli for having me over!   You can usually find me crafting, sewing, and figuring out how to use power tools over at my blog, Que Linda. During my non-blogging, non-crafting hours, I chase around a 16 month old little lady and hang out with my husband who puts up with my piles of craft "junk".  


We put up our first Christmas tree this year (that wasn't 1' tall) so now I have my eye on ornaments to dress it up a little.  Today, I'm going to show you an ornament I made to add to my collection.


This is what I used to make it:

A few stems of glittery leaves from the craft store (have you noticed that glitter is everywhere this year!)
Some ribbon
3 different sized styrofoam balls from the dollar store.


I poked a hole down the center of each styrofoam ball.  I cut the leaves off the stems and glued them on.


Then I threaded the ribbon through each ball using a large needle.  I tied a knot at the top and bottom of each ball to keep them from moving.  Then I tied a loop and bow on top.


Gotta love that glitter!


It looks great on the Christmas tree, although I think it would be fun to put it on a garland with other funky ornaments to hang on a mantle.


Thanks for letting me stop by and 
Merry Christmas!


Janny, I love it!  It is so fresh looking and I love the glitter.  And by the way, you take great pictures.  Thank you for sharing this with us today!  Everyone head on over to Que Linda and give Janny some love.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! (Gotta love, Janny!) is 1 week before Christmas too close to make MORE decorations because I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It's never too late to add a little bling to that Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...