Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Worst of 2011

I so can't believe the year is almost over.  It has been such a great one.  Since this is mainly a DIY/decor blog, I'm going to do a recap over the next two or three days.  Today -- the worst of 2011.

I seriously prefer the term "do it yourself" to "homemade."  Homemade sounds so... frumpy and cutesy.  I'm not really into frumpy or cutesy.  Do it yourself is much more cool.  It's like, "hey, I just made that Pier 1 holiday decoration by myself."  Unfortunately the following projects that I made this year turned out to be more "homemade" than I'd have liked (and hence, didn't make it to the blog).  You can make fun of them too.  I won't feel bad.  Bahaha!

#1: Cell phone case.  Oh I love burlap and lace, just maybe not to cover a brand new smartphone.  



#2: Melted flower pillow with gem centers.  Eh, it was worth a try.

#3: Spray painted outdoor cushion.  I'm still convinced there is a way to do this.  It just wasn't the way I did it.  It turned out very splotchy.  Hmm.  Maybe I should have cleaned them first.


Just so you know, this is the smartphone case I ended up buying.  It is much more me than the homemade (because that definitely wasn't DIY) burlap and lace.  
And we sold the swing that the cushions go on -- without the cushions.  The pillow is salvageable, I think.  If not, there are a lot of melted flowers for hair bows!  So, the moral of this?  You can almost make anything work, even if it doesn't work as intended.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, that case was pretty bad :) Made me laugh though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...maybe you were just having a bad creativity day...we all have those! Hahaha! Have you seen "Mr.Goodwill Hunting"'s blog? He painted two fabric wingback chairs and they look fabulous...pretty sure he gave a "DIY" tut as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You just always hope that the diys that go wrong aren't the ones you've invested too much time or money into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bbbahahaha! What a great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can laugh at the things that didn't quite work out!
    (...and I am glad I'm not the only one with a few fails!!)

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, that phone cover was not your best moment, but really fun to recap! :) I actually really liked the pillow though!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...