Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dollar Store Decor

Hello!  Man was yesterday a crazy day.  It snowed here for really the first time all year (except for a few flurries) and I was stuck in the house all day because the roads were horrible and my husband took my all-wheel-drive to work.  Annnnddddd someone wanted to see the house (it's for sale) so I cleaned everything and Morgan and I hung out in the play room while the people looked around.  I was trying to be all sneaky and listen to what they were saying but Morgan kept playing this dog that sings so I couldn't hear most of what was said.  I did get the gist of it though.  They are not interested because the layout of the house is horrible (and it totally is -- I vouch for that).  But hello!... the house looks awesome because it's all staged and stuff.  Why can't they see passed the layout and look at the decor?

I also had someone tell me that my home staging website is bad.  I know it is.  I just haven't had time to finish it.  But that has been a stress that I've been working on.  I just got my business cards finished.  And I have a presentation to a builder for the parade of homes that I'm hoping to stage for.  I'm kind of overwhelmed. 

You know what makes me feel better when I'm overwhelmed?  Inexpensive decor.  That's right.  That's why I sometimes love Dollar Tree (if I only didn't have to breath while I was in there -- stinky!).

I bought a couple of packages of moss covered "rock" (aka foam) and some tall grass.  I can't find the before picture of the grass but I cut it in thirds and stuck it in the vase with the moss rocks.  Voila... $3 decor.  And I'm totally into moss green right now.  

 

4 comments:

  1. I totally love the dollar store! You never know what you'll find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get done what you need to, Kelli. WE love ya and believe in YOU. (They were just ticked off that they had to go out in the snow, and the house wasn't "the one" so they were being snarky about your work!)

    Why is your Dollar Tree stinky? Have you told management?

    Smiles,
    Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moss green would be good here in the land of snow white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dollar store shopping always makes me feel better, too! I can't wait to see the tutorial from 'cuz I can!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...