Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 12 and a Birthday (or two)

I have some big scary news for me!  I'm going to be on TV on Wednesday.  I've never been on TV before.  The time I was a guest on a radio show I stumbled over my own tongue the very first time I spoke.  It turned out alright but I'm hoping it doesn't happen this time.  I'll give more info on Wednesday at least on Facebook.

So, it's my birthday today.  I'm 33 years old.  On Friday I was asked if Sophie is my daughter or granddaughter.  It really made me feel good.  The dude said that he wondered if I was a young grandma.  Um, yeah, never a good question to ask.  It's like asking if someone is pregnant or just fat.


My half marathon was on Saturday.  It was fun but I was a little sick with a cold (sore throat, cough, etc).  And I'm used to people talking during the race.  I guess now everyone thinks they have to wear headphones.  Nobody talked.  So that was a little boring.  I should have brought my headphones.  I finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes.  My worst time ever.  But not bad for being sick.  By mile 4 my pelvis was aching (dang labor and delivery!).  My minute/mile started around 7:51 and ended around 9:45.  I'm happy though.  I just wanted to finish.


Then Morgan ran the 1 mile race for kids.  She said, "I'm winning!  And so is everyone else!"  She did so great.  She ran the whole time except for the water break at the 1/2 mile point.  I love her guts.



Then we went home and had a birthday party for her.  If you follow me on Instagram (@theturquoisepiano) you probably know these things.  We rented a bounce house, decorated cupcakes, played Duck, Duck, Goose, and opened presents.  She had a great day.



Then I made a Barbie birthday cake for her family party on Sunday.  I think it turned out well.  I would have tried to do it with fondant but the last time I made fondant I got super sick for a week (not because of the fondant but now I associate it).

And here's Sophie.  Just getting all big over here.


It's week 12 of my workout plans.  If you've been doing them, great job!  You should be stronger and leaner by now!  I have one more "bonus" workout next week but your 12 week plan is finished.

Cardio:
Run, Elliptical, Bike, Hike... whatever!  Just do it for 45 minutes 5-6 days this week.

Resistance:
DayBody PartExerciseSetsRepsWeightRestSpeedNotesExercise Info
1ChestDumbbell Chest Press on Ball310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with back exerciseDetails
1BackCable Lat Pull Down310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with chest exerciseDetails
1ChestDumbbell Chest Flyes On Ball310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with back exerciseDetails
1BackSeated Cable Row310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with chest exerciseDetails
2LegsInner Thigh Machine310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise belowDetails
2LegsOuter Thigh Machine310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise aboveDetails
2LegsWalking Lunges310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise belowDetails
2LegsBall Squats310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise aboveDetails
3ShouldersDumbbell Shoulder Lateral Raise310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise belowDetails
3Core/AbsForearm Bridge360 secSuperset No RestHold ConstantSuperset with exercise aboveDetails
3ShouldersDumbbell Shoulder Press310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise belowDetails
3Core/AbsBall Crunches310Superset No Rest2/4/2Superset with exercise aboveDetails

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! love your workout schedule! I am stealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! Can't wait to hear more details on being on TV! I was on TV once. My husband and I were on a "nearlywed" game show the year we got married. It was on one of our local news shows. Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you and Morgan!! BTW, that man who asked if you were a grandmother must have been on drugs or really dumb. Aaaaand, I hope it wasn't anyone that is a friend or related that I called dumb, but come on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And you do not look old! Crazy guy. I can't wait to hear more about the tv appearance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...